Strawberries & Cream Baked Protein Oatmeal
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups large-flake rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Vi-Shape nutritional shake mix
- 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups low-fat milk (any type, as long as it’s unsweetened - I’ve used almond milk and coconut-almond milk)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F and spray an 8x8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and Vi-Shape. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together with a flexible spatula until combined. Stir in about 1 cup of the strawberries. Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly as best as possible with your spatula. Arrange remaining strawberries evenly on top (don’t press down on them so they stay on top).
Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and set. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Serve warm, with maple syrup if desired.
(Source: Once upon a cutting board)